Give online using Tithe.ly!
Giving at Sac Metro is simple and secure! Simply click the Give button to go to our online giving platform provided by Tithe.ly. You can choose to give your tithes/offering, your monthly HOPE worldwide offering, your Special Missions contribution, donate to our general fund, and other areas that will be available when necessary. Never miss your opportunity to be a cheerful giver again!
Please designate where your giving is going toward to insure that your giving goes to the intended giving destination.
Thanks to our partnership with Tithe.ly, we can now:
- Accept gifts, donations and event registrations
- Accept debit/credit/bank (ACH) payments online
- There are no refund or chargeback fees
- No monthly fee for the service (but there is a transaction fee, more info below)
- Immediately receive an email after every successful transaction
- Easier end-of-year tax receipting for the church and individual statements
THERE IS A FEE YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT
Providing this service is a joy to us yet is not completely free to the church. We are proud to have one of the best rates out there thanks to our partnership with Tithe.ly! Tithe.ly offers us $0/mo to use their services where their competitors have an additional monthly cost on top of the transaction fees. The fee is 2.9% + $0.30 per successful transaction. Bank (ACH): 1% + $0.30, AMEX: 3.5% + $0.30.
- This fee is setup by the credit card companies; they determine the contracts with each individual business, so Tithe.ly has no negotiation room there, but they are proud to offer an option without a monthly fee to use their online giving service.
THE FEE IS RECEIVED FROM THE AMOUNT GIVEN FROM THE DONOR
There is an option for the giver to cover the transaction fee if they choose to do so. We are happy to allow this option in our online giving because we believe the giver should have the choice to cover the fee or not, but we want to be fully transparent and make sure you know exactly how it all works.
This means if the giver donates $100, only $96.80 goes to our church and the $3.20 covers the transaction fee. If the giver decides to cover the fee by selecting the "Cover card processing fee" option, the full intended $100 goes to our church and the giver will see $103.20 charged to their card. If the giver decides to cover the fee, no additional math is involved, just simply input the amount that is intended and Tithe.ly will do the rest.
A receipt is immediately emailed to the giver upon successful transaction. Refunds and correcting the designation are available by emailing your request to [email protected].
Click here for more info about Tithe.ly
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Why We Give?
The simple answer is we believe everything we have comes from God in the first place. We give because we believe God has entrusted us to be leaders for hope in our church and our community.
What does "tithe" mean?
The Bible teaches that a guideline for giving is called the tithe (Leviticus 27:30). That is giving 10% of what we earn back to God.
What does "offering" mean?
An offering is a gift given to a specific need above and beyond our tithe.
What the Bible teaches
- Giving acknowledges God as the giver of everything we have (James 1:17).
- Giving reflects our trust that God will provide for us (Matthew 6:19-24).
- Giving allows us to be active participants in God's work on earth (2 Corinthians 9:6-7).
- Giving is done with a cheerful heart, not with reluctance or by compulsion (2 Corinthians 9:6-7).